Little Rock, Arkansas – Since the 16 reported on June 29, as of July 1, an additional four applications have been received for the Little Rock Police’s chief position.
The list below includes Little Rock Police assistant chief Heath Helton, who was confirmed as an applicant on June 29 but had not yet submitted an application.
These additional applicants are:
• Megan Michelle Sowell, is currently a director of operations for an educational software company. Sowell has a Master’s in both Business Administration and Education. She has several measures of efficiency improvement at her current job over the past two years.
• Jonathan H. Lewin, currently the acting supervisor for the First Responder Network Authority in Virginia. Lewin has a Master’s in Security Studies/Homeland Security and is a former chief with the Chicago Police with 28 years with that department.
• Joseph P. Sullivan, currently president of the Families Behind the Badge Children’s Foundation, a position he has held since 2016. Prior to that, he was the deputy commissioner of patrol operations for the Philadelphia Police through 2020, having begun with that department as a patrol officer in 1982. Sullivan has an MA in Public Safety.
• Robert B. Dunlap, currently chief of the Wayne County Sheriff’s office in Detroit Dunlap has a Master’s in Human Resources and a Master’s in Liberal Studies. Prior experience includes being Assistant Chief for the Detroit Police.
• Heath A. Helton, currently assistant chief of police for the Little Rock Police. Helton has a Master’s in Criminal Justice and is a graduate of the FBI National Academy. He has served with the Little Rock police for 26 years.
Applicants are to fill the position which had been held by department chief Keith Humphrey who retired in May.
Interim Chief Crystal Young-Haskins resigned effective June 17.
A 32-year veteran Wayne Bewley of the department is currently serving as the Little Rock Police interim chief.
Local News1 week ago
M2.2 earthquake reported overnight in White County
Local News3 days ago
Steve Martin and Martin Short cancel Arkansas comedy show
Local News2 weeks ago
18-wheeler fire on Interstate-440
Local News6 days ago
Root Cafe in Breckenridge Village soon
Arkansas1 week ago
Arkansas police arrest 22 people for alleged drug operation
Arkansas2 weeks ago
Active COVID-19 cases in Arkansas see continued decline
Arkansas2 weeks ago
LIHEAP application submission period begins
Crime & Safety2 weeks ago
Man arrested after stealing liquor bottles from Little Rock restaurant