Connect with us

Local News

Jacksonville family’s holiday season ruined by a house fire



Jacksonville, Arkansas – A Jacksonville family lost everything in a house fire in the middle of November, and they are unsure of what to do next.

“It really didn’t set in until the next day that everything we owned was gone,” Caseyjo George said.

Since all that is left for the George family is burned-out debris, they will have to start from scratch.

George claimed that on November 16, while she was nearby at her salon, her 3-year-old child, who was playing outdoors, ran inside and alerted her about a fire in their home.

George said she went back into her salon and continued to cut hair as she “looked out the window and we just watched it burn.”

George claims that their dryer cable overheating is what caused it to begin.

Since January, Caseyjo’s husband has been off work due to a severe brain injury sustained in a 4-wheeler accident.

“All year it’s been so tough, and we were already struggling, and this happened which was a huge setback because we were finally moving forward,” George said.

The next two weeks are the only ones the family will be residing in the camper they rented from a neighbor.

George claimed that it was difficult to explain the situation to her five children.

“We’re just putting one foot in front of the other and we’re just moving,” George said.

The only item on their five children’s Christmas lists now that it is the holiday season is a place to call home.

“They deserve a good Christmas but it’s hard right now,” the mother said.

George added that they are uninsured, but she is grateful for the community’s generosity in providing more assistance than she can manage. For those who want to donate, a GoFundMe account has been set up.

Continue Reading

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *