Connect with us

Local News

Underground electric fire in Maumelle

Published

on

Little Rock, Arkansas – An underground electrical vault fire occurred in Maumelle.

According to authorities, firefighters responded to an address near 23 Ophelia Drive to attend to the flames.

At 4:09 p.m., Entergy Arkansas arrived to assist in securing the area to safely allow firefighters to extinguish the fire.

At around 4:32 p.m., firefighters were able to contain the flames and extinguished the fire.

According to officials, as a result of the fire, approximately 57 electrical customers were without power.

No injuries were reported from this incident.

Entergy Arkansas’ said they hope to have power restored by 6 p.m., the department said.

 

Advertisement

Trending